- What is the phone number for the Dahlgren Campus? The Information Desk is (540) 663-4030. Staff contact information is linked here.
- What is the address? The Dahlgren Campus address is 4224 University Drive, King George, Virginia 22485.
- Where is the Dahlgren Campus located? Directions from Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Maryland are noted below. Directions can also be found using Google Maps.
|From Richmond: Travel north on I-95. Take exit 104 onto VA 207 East/US 301 North. Travel 26.7 miles to the traffic signal at the intersection of U.S. 301 and University Drive-Commerce Drive. Turn left on University Drive. As you pass Walmart, the road will bear left. Enter the campus, park in the parking lot, and enter through the main entrance.|
|From Fredericksburg: Travel east on Route 3/Kings Highway for 15.3 miles. Turn left onto VA-206 East/Dahlgren Road. Travel down 206 East for 9.3 miles. Turn left onto U.S. 301/James Madison Parkway. Travel 2 miles, then turn left onto University Drive. As you pass Walmart, the road will bear left. Enter the campus, park in the parking lot, and enter through the main entrance.|
|From Maryland (via the Governor Harry Nice Memorial Bridge): Once in Virginia, continue south on U.S. 301/James Madison Parkway for 2.4 miles to traffic signal at the intersection of 301 and University Drive-Commerce Drive. Turn right on University Drive. As you pass Walmart, the road will bear left. Enter the campus, park in the parking lot, and enter through the main entrance.|
- What are the hours of the Dahlgren Campus? Business hours are from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Building hours are contingent upon the academic and event schedule.
- How do I register for classes? Admission to and registration for academic programs and classes are managed by the college or university that you are attending. Registration information and forms for UMW professional development programs can be found here.
- Do I need a parking permit? A parking permit is not needed. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Designated car pool and low-emission vehicle parking spaces are provided.
- Do you offer undergraduate classes? Old Dominion University offers an array of undergraduate classes. For information, visit here. We are also pleased to announce that Germanna Community College in partnership with the University of Mary Washington is offering classes in the college’s Engineering curriculum at the Dahlgren Campus as part of a pilot program to gauge interest. To learn more about GCC’s programs, please contact the Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator at (540) 229-6645.
- Is there a computer lab that I can use to study? We do not have a public access computer lab; however, there are stations throughout the building where you can plug-in a laptop for Internet access.
- May I schedule a tour of the facility? It would be our pleasure. To schedule a convenient time for you and/or your group to visit, contact the Information Desk at (540) 663-4030.
- Can I rent space on the Dahlgren Campus? Rooms can be rented for business, professional, and educational purposes. To discuss the facilities and room costs, contact the Information Desk at (540) 663-4030. Room rental rates are based on a variety of factors.
- How do I reserve space for an event? Please complete and submit the Event Registration Form linked here, and we will contact you to discuss your rental needs.
- What are the requirements concerning catering an event? from the UMW Dahlgren Campus Rental Agreement: The Renter may spend up to $1,000.00 with the provider of its choice (including the University’s Dining Services Contractor) for prepared foods and/or catering services for event participants. The Renter shall be fully liable for any food purchases and/or catering and will be responsible for meeting any pertinent health requirements. If the Renter desires to purchase food in excess of $1,000.00, the Renter must do so through the University’s Dining Services Contractor. Any other purchases of prepared foods and/or catering services in excess of $1,000.00 will be permitted only in the event that the University Dining Contractor indicates, in writing, that it is unable to meet the Renter’s food service and/or catering requirements. In such cases, a licensed and insured catering service may be selected by the Renter. Any catering service hired by the Renter must provide the University with copies of all pertinent licenses and certificate of insurance.
- Who is the University’s Dining Services Contractor and how can I contact them? The contract caterer is Sodexo, located on the UMW Fredericksburg Campus, and the Catering Manager can be reached at (540) 654-1931 or (540) 654-1930.
- What are my other catering options, should the meal cost under $1,000.00 and/or if Sodexo is unable to meet my catering requirements? A list of local caterers is linked here. The University does not endorse any particular establishment.
- Is there a cafeteria on campus? There is not a cafeteria on campus; however, there is a refreshment/lounge area on the first floor, equipped with beverage and snack vending machines including K-cup selections and a Keurig machine and microwave. There is also a lounge on the second floor and common seating areas throughout the facility. Additionally, there is a kitchen on the first floor, equipped with two refrigerators, a microwave, an icemaker, and a coffee brewer with five Airpots. To make arrangements to use the coffee brewer, please contact the Information Desk at (540) 663-4030. Coffee and supplies are supplied by the client.
- What restaurants are near the campus? A list of restaurants within a two-mile radius of the campus is linked here. The University does not endorse any particular establishment.
- Is there lodging nearby? A list of local lodging is linked here. The University does not endorse any particular establishment.
- What is your policy concerning Internet usage? Please find the Internet usage policy here.
- Do you have wireless Internet service? Wireless Internet service is available on campus. Click here for information related to connecting to the Internet.
- What should I do if I have technical problem with a UMW system? Please go to the Information Desk located in the lobby on the first floor or call (540) 663-4030, and our staff will gladly assist you.
- Why is the grass tall at the Dahlgren Campus? Native grasses are a part of the sustainable landscape design; they are mowed annually in the early spring. Native grasses reduce fossil fuel use, CO2 production, maintenance costs, pesticides, and fertilizers in the environment. Native grasses improve desirable species habitat and water quality.